Sorknes Art

"The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist" Sketches, art in progress, finished art and thoughts about it all.

Friday 24 July 2015

Small inks and fish

I couldn't find the photos I am pretty sure I took before I started selling (but on the other hand, those days were a mad rush, I might've actually forgot), so here's a couple of quick photos of some of them that I was about to put in a little safer places than random totes.

The first are some small inks that I've been doing on A5 (210 x 148 mm or 8.27 x 5.83 inches) paper. I use the same as on the big ones, a small brush and liquid ink in bottles.



And just for fun, here's a few fish drawings I did in mixed media in an attempt to work out how some paint I had laying around worked. I did a fish drawing and copied onto A5 paper using the self made lightbox, and then went to work with paint, water, coloured pencils, pens and permanent marker. You can see I'm not quite sure on the medium at first, but I got the hang of it - especially after finding out that the opaqueness of the paint changed dramatically when drying. I might have another go with this using another drawing at a later point, it was fun - and I put them in my stand as well to get some colour splotches. 


I'll get some proper scans of the inks later, but I am kind of dreading the huge scanning session I need to do, so I'll just have to plan an evening of scanning sometime before next market, since I haven't done scanning in ages so even old inks and drawings needs to get on file.

No comments:

Post a Comment