Sorknes Art

"The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist" Sketches, art in progress, finished art and thoughts about it all.

Friday 15 March 2013

Mixed media and more kid/light study

So, time to post again.

I had tons of fun earlier today mixing pencils, ink and coloured pencils. Which is funny, because I used to - well, not hate... but not exactly like... - coloured pencils. I have been thinking a bit on how fun I am having doing the traditional stuff lately, and I have come to the conclusion that I used to be really unsure about my work earlier. I would get to a point where I would not dare do anything else on an image, because I was afraid of ruining it. I seem to have lost that feeling and way to work. I think this is one part being more secure on what I am doing (also on fundamentals), one part having played a lot around digitally and now wanting to do the same traditionally, and one part finally getting rid of the "everything I do have to be for a reason to get better, and I need to able to show it off". In other words; I used to feel that if I screwed up it was a wasted effort. Now I realise I learned something anyway. :)

Here's three of the ones I did that I took photos of before the evening fell. There's more, but there's no good light here to take a photo, and the blitz makes more shine than showing anything. :)

 
This one is just me... doing stuff. And not really thinking about it. :D



This I made after rediscovering some pictures from our honeymoon, we did a trip to the petrified forest. I also have a ton of photos from grand canyon, so I guess I'll have a go at that later. :) 


And this is a ferret. It was very fun, kid have this thing with a small, small picture of a ferret on it, and I found the shape nice, so I did the shapes, and went from there. :)






And as the light grew worse, I've done a bit more digitally on the kid that I posted earlier. I have to make sure it doesn't look like the kid that I took the photos of, since I have no permission from the parents, I took the photos myself during a birthday, but I think I'm still managing to pull it off somewhat. I have however done the hands twice now and deleted them. You see, I was so clear on what she was supposed to be looking at there, but I kind of forgot... and didn't write it down. So now I'm trying to remember. Ops. Hopefully you can see that I have progressed on it. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment